Local Service Opportunities
There are many local agencies to serve in Christ’s name in our community. Here are a few places our church members are serving.
- Blue Ridge Prison & Jail Ministry – Blue Ridge Prison and Jail Ministry is an all-volunteer army, multi-denominational, obeying the injunction of our Lord to visit those in prison and jail and to care for the stranger, fatherless (Dad’s incarcerated), and the widow. We are laypersons and clergy from evangelical churches, diverse in some doctrine but united in essential truth that the inmate and his family need Jesus, His hope, and His love.
- Habitat for Humanity – Henderson County Habitat for Humanity works in partnership with God and people everywhere, from all walks of life, to develop communities with people in need by building and renovating houses, so that there are decent houses in decent communities in which every person can experience God’s love and can live and grow into all that God intends.
- Hendersonville Rescue Mission – The Hendersonville Rescue Mission is committed to providing shelter to the homeless, food to the hungry, recovery to the addicted, and medical assistance to the homeless and poor of our community with the love and through the power of Christ Jesus.
- Interfaith Assistance Ministry – IAM is a faith-based nonprofit organization committed to meeting the basic needs of Henderson County families in financial crisis. Founded in 1984, IAM is funded by congregations, businesses, civic groups and individuals and is powered by almost 300 volunteers who contribute over 36,000 hours of service every year.
- The Storehouse Ministries – The Storehouse is a Christ-centered ministry established for the purpose of providing food and life’s most basic necessities for those in need in Henderson County. In our work here, mercy and grace are our guiding rules. We believe that “In as much as you have done unto the least of these you have done also unto me” (Matthew 25:40).
You can also donate food to The Storehouse by placing dry goods and canned goods in the basket in Kirkside Hall.
MISSIONARIES AND MINISTRIES
- Shem Creek Church – Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
- Johnson Wales University
- Queen’s University
- University of Kentucky
- Western Carolina University